It’s hard to believe that March is almost over…March Madness has the Final Four coming up this weekend. The Master’s golf tournament is less than two weeks away. To me, that has always meant that spring has arrived. Ah, Springtime! Easter is April 20th this year, which is very late in the year for the holiday. Dodger Stadium will light it up in about a month. The summer concerts, farmers markets and cookouts can’t be far behind.
I taught yesterday about Gideon. Gideon is the “Hero for Zeroes.” His story is told in Judges 6. It’s a really cool story. The Midianites had been oppressing the Israelites for 7 years (God was disciplining the Hebrews for their disobedience). The Midianites would come in every year and destroy all of the crops and livestock of the Israelites. The story begins with Gideon hiding from the enemy in a wine press threshing what little grain he had. An angel appears to him and a great story ensues. You can hear the entire message by clicking below. Or you can subscribe to the messages in the middle box at the top of the page.
Spring is a great time in the church. Here are our upcoming events.
Serving Sunday–We have this act of service several times a year. You can serve the homeless on Skid Row in several ways.
- Arrive at 8:30 AM to prepare lunches for the homeless
- Bring a care package of items that you would want if you were homeless
- Go to Skid Row and deliver the lunches and care packages to the homeless
- Donate money to help cover the cost of the lunches
Sunday School at 9:15 AM
- Eric Nelson will begin the second session of our Sunday School called, “Life in the Kingdom.” It’s an in-depth Bible study of Sermon on the Mount.
- This is great for young Christians. It is also inspiring for Christians of any age who are looking to get deeper into the Bible.
- Also, Eric will be preaching to the church this Sunday. Should be awesome!
April 13–Sunday: Missions Sunday
- We are excited to have Koko Enrile from Manila as our guest speaker. Our special contribution is coming up in May and a portion of that contribution will go to the Manila church. Koko will inspire us about what God is doing in this foreign land.
- We will also be collecting our monthly Contribution for the Needy.
April 20–Sunday: Easter Sunday
- Be inviting your friends and family to this special service entitled, “New Beginnings.” With God, it’s always time for a new start.
April 27–Sunday: Fellowship Group Sunday
- About once a month we meet together for worship and then break into our Fellowship Groups for communion and fellowship. Fellowship Groups are based on geography and include members of all ages and stages of life.
May 18–Sunday: Special Contribution Sunday
- This is our annual Special Contribution. Our goal is $50,000. A portion of the money will go to the churches in the Philippines. The rest will stay here in the Metro LA Region to support the local work here. Be planning now for this important day! The contribution comes out to around 12 X our weekly contribution. This group has proven to be generous time and again. I believe this time will be no different.
It is an honor for Barb and me to serve this great fellowship. I hope you have a great week!
Podcast: Play in new window
| Download (Duration: 34:28 — 10.4MB)